Benefits of working for
Priory Homecare Ltd. April 2018
1. Wages are paid every 4 weeks direct into your bank account.
2. New Rates of Pay applicable from 02.04.18 (per hour) *
7am - 7pm Monday to Friday £7.90 (after 3 months increased to £8.00)
After 7pm Monday to Friday £8.17
7am - 7pm Saturday to Sunday £8.00 (after 3 months increased to £8.10)
After 7pm Saturday to Sunday £8.49
Wake & Watch £8.17
Night Sleeper £7.83
* For new carers under the age of 20, the following rates of pay apply for the first 3 months of employment:
7am - 7pm Monday to Friday £7.35 (after 3 months increased to £7.55)
After 7pm Monday to Friday £7.65
7am - 7pm Saturday to Sunday £7.45 (after 3 months increased to £7.65)
After 7pm Saturday to Sunday £7.75
Wake & Watch £7.47
Night Sleeper £7.25
Care Workers who work every weekend, except holidays - £8.50 a shift
3 out of 4 weekends £8.20 7am – 7pm £8.49 After 7pm
Buddy workers 80p increment each shift
3. If you live more than 6 miles from your team area centre you will be paid a travel bonus of 15p per mile over and above the first 6 miles of travel from home to work and back. E.g. if you live 15 miles from your team area centre you will be paid 18 miles at 15p per mile (15 miles less first 6 miles = 9 miles, x 2 for return trip = 18 miles). Certain jobs in remote rural areas get extra travel time paid for.
All jobs include 10 minutes paid travelling time - i.e. a one-hour job includes 10 minutes travelling time and 50 minutes work time.
Petrol contribution of 40p per service provided.
4. 5 weeks + 3 days (pro-rata) paid holiday every year.
5. Priory Homecare has a Freephone number enabling staff to have unlimited free telephone access to the office 24 hours a day.
6. Priory Homecare is an "Investor in People" company. This guarantees our commitment to staff training and welfare. An opportunity to develop your career is available with Skills for Care and Diploma in Health and Social care level 2 (mandatory) courses.
7. All carers are allocated to one of our Line Managers, thus ensuring personal contact and support from a named coordinator.
8. Priory promote carers to join our ‘Bring Your Own Device’ scheme, whereby you will receive a taxable payment of £8.00 per month towards your existing personal mobile phone scheme. Company mobiles are available if necessary.
9. After 3 months you will automatically qualify to be considered for enrolment into the government NEST Pension Scheme, depending on your age and your earnings.
PHC Pension contribution is 2% of your wage, it is possible to pay extra into your pension fund.
10. After 3 months employment all carers benefit from an increase in the basic day rate of pay (see above).